- Types of securities brokerages: equity instruments + debt instruments
- Be licensed as a securities brokerage by SEC.
- Have a strong financial position and a good track record
2.1 Have paid-up capital not less than that stipulated by SEC
2.2 Have net liquid capital not less than that stipulated by SEC
- Have the capability and readiness to engage in the securities business.
3.1 Have adequate numbers of staff knowledgeable and/or experienced in the securities business to undertake operations appropriately and on an ongoing basis, to include: Investment Analyst and Investment Consultant who have been licensed by SEC; an officer authorized to receive registrations according to SET requirements; Compliance Officer.
3.2 Have trading information systems for customers in sufficient numbers to appropriately conduct securities business
- Have directors and managers who are capable and experienced to manage a securities company in the capital market, and who are honest and ethical in their business dealings.
4.1 Have directors and managers who are qualified under SEC securities regulations and notifications.
4.2 Have a majority of the board of directors and executives, who hold positions ranging from deputy manager up to Director of Securities, Director of Operations, and Director of Securities Analysts — including those holding equivalent positions with similar responsibilities — who have experience working in the capital market, securities business, or other related businesses.
- Comply with the code of ethics required in the securities business and with the principles of good corporate governance as defined by SET, relevant agencies, and professional associations.
- Be a member of the Association of Thai Securities Companies
- Be a member of a clearing house or present evidence that the applicant has an agreement assigning a member of the clearing house to handle the clearing and settling of the listed securities traded by the applicant on the Exchange;
- Be a member of the Securities Investor Protection Fund (SIPF), or in the process of applying for membership, for those member firms trading securities for retail investors.
- The first payment of THB 10 million is to be paid at least five business days prior to the start of placing trading orders. And,
- Pay a monthly rate of 0.025% of the trading turnover for each month throughout the period of three years from commencement of trading securities.
However, the total amount of admission fees (1 + 2) shall not be less than THB 50 million.