Call For Papers and Participation
The 28th Asian FA Annual Meeting
June 26 - 28, 2016, Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
The Asian Finance Association (AsianFA) cordially invites submission of research papers in all areas in finance to the Association's 2016 annual conference. The Stock Exchange of Thailand will host the conference. The AsianFA annual conference provides an open platform for finance scholars and practitioners worldwide to meet and share their recent research and exchange ideas and information on new developments in finance research. We look forward to a high-quality conference. The majority of the sessions will include papers selected through open competition. The papers will be double blind-reviewed by a committee of established researchers. In addition to academic paper sessions, the conference will also facilitate industry focused sessions with industry and academic panel members debating the challenges and opportunities in today's financial markets.
WELCOME REMARKS & SPEAKER:
- Dr. Chaiyawat Wibulswasdi, Chairman, The Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Professor Ronald W. Masulis, Scientia Professor of Finance and Macquarie Group Chair of Financial Services, UNSW School of Business, University of New South Wales.
Papers in all areas of finance are welcome, including corporate finance, asset pricing, market microstructure, behavioral finance, financial institutions, international finance, and emerging capital markets. Accepted papers are eligible for several categories of best paper awards as shown below. The awards in each category will be decided on by an Awards Committee specially constituted for the purpose.
BEST PAPER AWARDS:
The conference will offer multiple categories of best paper awards. As of now, these awards include:
- Two best Capital Market related paper awards sponsored by The Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Four best paper awards sponsored by The Pacific-Basin Finance Journal
- Three best paper awards sponsored by The Asian Finance Association
- One best paper award sponsored by CFA
- More awards to be announced
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
Paper status: only completed papers should be considered.
1 February 2016
1) a blind copy of the manuscript without author information, and
2) a separate file for the cover page containing the paper title, abstract and authors' contact information. Please send PDF or MS-Word version only.
8 April 2016
For questions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT The Stock Exchange of Thailand:
The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET), with its proven success during the last 40 years, has progressed to become a leading regional capital market. SET is a dynamic exchange offering a full range of financial products (equities, debt instruments, and derivatives) and services with world-class trading infrastructure. Currently, SET recorded the most liquid market in ASEAN for the third consecutive year in 2014 with the largest IPO in 2013 and one of the top-notch corporate governance scores in ASEAN. On top of this, MSCI Global Standard Indices and Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) have added Thai stocks in calculating its indices, the highest rise of stocks for this purpose in Asia, and Thai listed companies having topped the ASEAN corporate governance scorecard. FTSE upgrades SET to the advanced emerging market because of its recent significant development.
SET has played a major role in the development of the regions’ economy. SET has developed connection with Singapore and Malaysia on the ASEAN link network connecting to the other developed ASEAN markets. In addition, SET has become a leading regional exchange especially in Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS), taken important roles for regional capital market development by collaborating with LAOS, Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia, in order to promote capital market sustainability for the region as a whole.
SET appreciates the importance of capital market education for individuals, investors and general public. Thailand Securities Institute (TSI) was established in 2000 by SET as a center to promote financial and investment management knowledge for people of all ages. Its mission is to build financial literacy and investment knowledge, as well as disseminate information through various learning channels and techniques. For investor and professional education, TSI has conducted various programs through TSI’s network with 21 MOU universities such as; “Young Financial Star competition” (focusing on financial planning and investment knowledge for university students), “SET on campus” (SET’s regular visit and road show activity at SET’s network universities), “SET Investment Center” at key network universities (to be an information and activity center for investment knowledge and securities market information for students, investors and general public throughout Thailand). TSI has successfully promoted continuous savings and investment campaigns for local.
SET has also established the Capital Market Research Institute (CMRI) to conduct and disseminate in-depth capital market research and leading indicators of Thai capital market to benefit stakeholders and Thai people. The CMRI continues to establish platforms where market practitioners and academic researchers contribute the knowledge for the long-term development of Thai capital market such as; “Capital Market Research Forum” (held monthly for researchers to present valuable findings to investors, listed companies and the media, as well as acting as a forum for capital market experts to exchange views on key issues), “Research Symposium” (held annually, is attended by prominent capital market researchers, experts and professionals).
Capital Market Academy (CMA), a department under SET founded in 2005, conducts a specifically designed executive program called the "Capital Market Academy Leader Program”. The objectives of the program are to develop high-quality capital market education/knowledge to assist executives to effectively respond to the fast changing global and local markets' conditions and competitions. Among others, participants in the program include senior executives from financial institutions, blue-chip corporations, as well as senior policy makers from various governmental agencies. The program emphasizes on activities-based and experience-oriented learning.
Lastly, The Stock Exchange of Thailand has lots of experiences in hosting various international events such as; “WFE General Assembly and Annual Meeting” in 1999, “EAOSEF General Assembly and Annual Meeting” in 2002, “ASEAN Exchanges CEOs Meeting” in 2007, 2009, and 2011, “AOSEF Working Committee” in 2012, “GMS Capital Market Education Forum” in 2013, etc.
THE CONFERENCE DESTINATION:
Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand, covers an area of 1,569 sq.km. in the central region of Thailand with a population of over 11 million inhabitants. As the heart of the Thailand’s investment and development, Bangkok contributes around 30% of GDP, while its economy ranks as of the 6th among Asian cities. Enriched with long colorful history, arts, culture and reasonable living expense, Bangkok is the top destination city in the world. For 4 years consecutive since 2010 to 2013, Bangkok has won the “World’s Best City Award” organized by Travel and Leisure magazine. As well as the “Best City in Asia” award from Travel and Leisure, Bangkok also received this award for 7 year – from 2005 to 2013. Even though we missed the top award in 2014, regarding to the internal political turmoil in Thai capital, Bangkok remains the Asia-Pacific’s top destination city for air travel, and is the world’s second top destination city after first-ranked London, the newly released MasterCard Global Destination Cities Index for 2014 shows.
Getting to and departing from Bangkok is convenience via 2 international airports: the new Suvarnabhumi International Airport, about 30 km east of central Bangkok; and the old Don Muang Airport in the north. Both airports are well connected to the city center, either with the Airport Link http://www.srtet.co.th/en/ or by regular taxi services.
Travelling around the city is easily by taking taxis with reasonable fare, or tuk-tuk, motorized tricycles taxi, which is usually bargained fare. However, the city center and most of the sightseeing can comfortably be reached by BTS skytrain (http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/main.aspx) and MRT underground train (http://www.bangkokmetro.co.th/)
For more detailed information, please check http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok
The conference venue will be held at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, a 5-star hotel located in downtown Bangkok.
The hotel website is www.anantara.com/siamRegistration and hotel booking information will be available later on conference website.
Getting in from Suvannabhumi International Airport to Conference Venue (Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel)
- Airport link: For Airport Link, you need to get off at Phaya Thai station and change to BTS Sky train and get off from BTS Sky train at Ratchadamri Station. Exit 2.
- Taxi: Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel / 155 Rajadamri Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330. Distance from Airport to hotel is 27-30 Kilometers. The price of taxi fare is around 450-500 THB per way including expressway fee.
- Airport Limousine: Airport Limousine Company called “AOT” there are plenty of AOT counters at the airport. The price is starting from THB 1,300.-net per car per way for Toyota Camry.
- Hotel Limousine: Hotel Limousine from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel. The Mercedes Benz S Class S300 BlueTec Hybrid at THB 3,200.-net per car per way (maximum 2 people). The Mercedes Benz Vito Van is at THB 4,200.-net per van per way (maximum 6 people). For more info, please contact Tel: +66 2 126 8866 or Email: email@example.com
CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CHAIRS:
- Dr. Santi Kiranand, Executive Vice President, The Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Mr. Kirati Kosicharoen, Senior Vice President, The Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Dr. Surin Maneevitjit, Deputy Head, The Stock Exchange of Thailand
CONFERENCE PROGRAM CHAIRS:
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kulpatra Sirodom, Strategic CFO Program Advisory, Thailand Securities Institute, The Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Professor Sun Qian, Department Chair of the Department of Finance, Fudan University (China)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Yupana Wiwattanakantang, Department of Finance, National University of Singapore